I love teaching calligraphy, but sometimes, it can be difficult to coordinate a large class. To accommodate my current schedule, and everyone else’s (and until I get a larger class scheduled!), I’ve decided to start offering one-off classes. This can mean one-on-one, two-on-one, or another similar variation.
Details about private classes:
- Each class is approximately 3 hours (some can be slightly less, depending on the pace of the group as a whole)
- Students will learn the basics of Modern Calligraphy:
- Anatomy of an oblique pen and nib + how to install and hold one
- Lowercase alphabet + numbers. You will get personalized advice on how to refine each letter to build proper muscle memory
- How to connect letters and write your name + basic phrases (e.g.,, “Happy Birthday”, “I Love You”, “Congratulations”, etc…)
- Style choices
- What types of paper and ink you can and cannot use for practicing on and client projects
- Additional time for Q&A/additional topics
- The class comes with a starter kit that you get to keep! It includes the following:
- Tracing paper pad
- Nib holder + at least 2 nibs
- 1 pot of black Sumi Ink
- The Fancy Cat Studio Calligraphy Booklet (includes written out alphabet– lowercase and uppercase, numbers, popular phrases, calligraphy practice grid, a resources page, and additional advice). Due to limited time, and the heavy amount of intro material we will be going over, although the uppercase alphabet is included in the booklet, it will not be reviewed during the workshop
- Extra surprise goodies!
If you’re in the Seattle/Greater Seattle Area and are interested in a private calligraphy lesson, or would simply like more information, shoot me a message via the contact form on my site (click “Contact” in the navigation bar), or email email@example.com.