I love teaching calligraphy, but sometimes, it can be difficult to coordinate a large class. To accommodate my schedule, and everyone else’s, I’ve decided to start offering one-off classes. This can mean one-on-one, two-on-one, or another similar variation.
Details for each class are as follows:
- Each class is 2.5-3 hours (usually closer to 3 hours). Students will learn the basics of Modern Calligraphy:
- Anatomy of an oblique pen and nib + how to install and hold one
- Lowercase and uppercase alphabet + numbers. You will get 1:1 advice on how to refine each letter to build proper muscle memory.
- How to connect letters and write your name + basic phrases (e.g.,, “Happy Birthday”, “I Love You”, “Congratulations”, etc…)
- Style choices
- What types of paper and ink you can and cannot use for practicing on and final projects.
- Additional time for Q&A.
- The class comes with a starter kit that includes the following:
- Tracing paper pad
- Nib holder + at least 2 nibs
- 1 pot of black Sumi Ink
- The Fancy Cat Studio Calligraphy Booklet (includes written out alphabet– lowercase and uppercase, numbers, popular phrases, calligraphy practice grid, a resources page, and additional advice).
- Extra goodies
If you’re in the Seattle/Greater Seattle Area and are interested in a private calligraphy lesson, or would simply like more information, shoot me a message via the contact form on my site (click “Contact” in the navigation bar), or email email@example.com.